Some sewing weeks consist of project odds and ends. This was just such a week.
A partially made Queen’s Garden block was in need of finishing. It has been patiently waiting for at least several weeks, stem awaiting their leaves and blooms.
This block now joins the previous 4 blocks. With some luck, I may have the top assembled by end of the year!
Back in early March, my friend Silver requested a long, narrow table runner for winter holidays. It needed to be long and narrow. I set to work designing it in EQ8. And yes, it should have red as the main color. I had some red batik in my stash, but after 4 washes in hot water and using Synthropol, it was still bleeding lots of ink. Another more stable red was ordered and I have now made two of the 7 squares needed for this project. More on this later!
Next up was a project requiring hubby’s help. I have a standard ironing board in the sewing studio, but sometimes I want a smaller pressing area for working on applique. After talking it over with my sister admins from the Fun With Free Motion Quilting group, and explaining the concept to hubby, he emerged from the garage with a nice 32″ x 11.5″ x 5/8″ board. The width was sufficient and I decided on a 24″ length. Hubby trimmed the length, sanded, cut nice rounded corners, and beveled the edges.
It looked so nice, I almost hated to cover it!
Hoping all of you are finding some time to enjoy your quilting projects. It’s tough with gardening season here, but I try to do something in the sewing studio each day.