Updates on my five (?!) WIPs (Works in Progress). This is a lot for me! I tend to work on two, maybe three projects at a time, but was slowed down with my Bernina in the shop. But she is back.
Frond Panel, completed. While the Bernina was in the shop, I completed the FMQ on my Tiara on the Frond Panel, which finished at 40″ x 25″. Binding is out of a batik and the backing was a perfect sized pieced of batik that I got from a generous neighbor’s stash. There is a hanging sleeve on the back. Stitching is with Superior Threads, including varigated green, red and yellow. The primarily technique used is thread painting, with leafy feathers along the bottom and a radiating sun in the left hand corner. Quilter’s Dream Supreme 100% cotton is used to give the wall hanging a good weight for hanging. I love that the QD heavier weight cotton batting does well at keeping wall hangings straight.
Lily Rose Blue applique project. Now that my machine is back from servicing, the final applique – the oval frame – can be stitched. Then on to sandwiching with QD Supreme for quilting.
Nelke is the placement and applique stages. The stems and vase components are completed and it’s now time to place the blooms. The pattern calls for two piece flowers, but I have added a third piece to some of the blooms for more depth.
Carpenter Square/Log Cabin has no work completed this week, but I do have the horizontal rows stitched together. Hopefully, I will complete stitching on the vertical rows this next week.
The Nerd Quilt fabric has arrived and been pre-washed! Cutting will commence soon.
If you FMQ on a domestic or sit down machine, or would like to learn, you are welcome to join us at Fun With Free Motion Quilting on FB.
We are in for a very cold week ahead, like much of the US. Stay warm and happy quilting.